Jessica Nayes, FY09 RCNE
Can you believe it? Another year in SWE is nearing the end. As we all finish up classes, projects, final exams and moving on to our summer adventures, keep in mind a few things you can do to plan for “the year ahead”!
- National Conference: October 15-17, 2009. Start making your travel arrangements early, because you won’t want to miss the next national conference, being held in Long Beach, California! I’m sure many of us midwesterners enjoy getting out to see an ocean now and again!
- Upload a current resume to the SWE Career Center. No time like the summer when you’re free from classes (well, unless you’re in a summer session) to do that always fun job of updating your resume! By the time those fall career fairs come around, you’ll be ready to focus on getting that next job with an already-polished resume. (Don’t forget that the National Conference always has a career fair too!)
- Connect with SWE through social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Visit My SWE Communities to connect with other members, network and gather information on leadership resources, reports and documents.
- Renew your SWE Membership.
- And last but not least: Enjoy your summer!