Undecided on whether you want to run for a region collegiate leadership position? Here are some of the benefits put together by Jessica Kiefer and Jasmine Harris (RCR/RCCE Coordinators) that go along with holding a regional position:
- The opportunity to travel to somewhere fun during summer (most expenses paid!) and receive leadership training.
- Meet your Region Collegiate Team in person.
- Meet the President of SWE, Board of Directors, and lots of other important people who have been involved for years. Their biography and background is truly inspiring.
- Network with other collegiate leaders outside your section and make friends that will last for years (we still regularly meet up with our old RCR/RCCE friends each year at conference).
- Expand your professional network of women engineers.
- Become a better public speaker by giving several presentations to large groups of collegiate and professional members.
- Learn about SWE’s mission and apply it to help struggling sections across the Region. You’ll learn to deal with difficult situations and help solve conflict.
- Fun and rewarding year while being involved in SWE!
The deadline for applicants has been expanded until February 22nd. Make sure to complete the application survey and submit a nomination video.