Show Your SWE Spirit and Help Region H with the Photo Scavenger Hunt!
Please welcome back the 2nd Region Photo Scavenger Hunt to show how great Region H is!
Here are the tasks in which we need you, our members (both collegiate & professional members) to help complete.
- All photos must be taken since WE12 (November 2012 or later)
- All photos must include at least one member of your region.
- All the photos can not be provided by 1 SWE section or group. Multiple sections or groups must be evident in the photos.
1. Connect as a team. Construct your Region Letter using Region members only. International team should construct the letter Z.
2. Connect with the future. Photo from an outreach event in your region. The photo should be consistent with the connections theme and creatively show “connecting”. For example, building popsicle stick bridges or creating with Legos.
3. Connect across generations. Generational photo: undergrad, grad student, professional <10 years, professional 10 to 20 years, professional > 20 years, and retired.
4. Connect to your academic life. Show us your “favorite” science or engineering formula in a creative way.
5. Connect professionals and collegiates. Photo from a joint professional-collegiate event in your region.
6. Celebrate diversity in your connections and in SWE. Include a photo that highlights diversity (gender diversity, ethnic diversity, etc.) in your region.
7. Connecting with the corporate world. Show us what the successful SWE business woman should be or will be wearing at the SWE Career Fair. Does not have to be taken at the Career Fair, but may be.
8. Historical journey. “Getting there is half the fun” – photo of members traveling to WE13.
9. Region history. Locate an archive photo of a current leader or former recognizable leader in your region such as a BOD member, a region governor, a long-time active member, etc. Photo must be at least 15 years old and we must be able to tell who it is.
10. Society history. Take a photo with a past or current SWE Society leader.
11. Geographic history. Take a photo of a historical Region landmark. It needs to be obvious what the landmark is. Or tell us what it is.
12. Section/Group History. Recognize a signature event or accomplishment from your region. Accomplishment should have a historical context, such as a section anniversary celebration, a chartering banquet for a new section, a 5th annual golf tournament, etc.
13. University history. Take a photo sharing with us something a college or university in your region is proud of in their history. It needs to be obvious what the notable historical event or item is. Or tell us what it is.
14. Historical city. Baltimore is a city rich in history. Include a photo that shows how or why Region members will remember their visit to Baltimore and WE13.
You could see you and your SWEsters (new and old) on the big screen at the Society’s Annual Conference (WE13) in Baltimore, MD. We will also use the final slide show again plus more photos at the 2014 Region H Conference at Michigan Technological University.
We would love to see a diverse group of people in the photos. Be creative and have fun with the photos! Do we aware that these photos will represent you and will be seen by sponsors, recruiters, peers, and more. DO keep that in mind when submitting.
First Round Photos need to be into email@example.com by Friday, Oct. 18 5pm. So we can figure out which photos we still need to take to be submitted for the compiled competition the following Friday.
We can’t wait to see what you can come up with!
SWE Region H Governor Fiscal Year 2013/2014