Thanksgiving break is coming soon. Some may have already had a fall break while other collegiates are looking forward to having the entire week off and soon enough the semester will be over. What should a collegiate do with all that extra time free from the stresses of classwork? While rest and relaxation are important, there are a couple ways to use your break effectively.
- Update your resume. Add some information about what you accomplished last semester. Don’t let all your hard work go unnoticed, put it in your resume!
- Look for an internship/ co-op/ or full-time employment. Use the SWE Career Center to find opportunities that aren’t promoted at your university.
- Catch up on some SWE webinars. There are tons of resources on the SWE website. Use them! Take some time to listen to some professional development topics. These videos are great and short, so it’s not a huge time commitment.
- Read. Most college students do not have time to keep up with reading for fun. Go to the library and pick out a book, learn something new, become an expert in something you’re passionate about.
- RELAX! Take some time for yourself. Catch up with your friends and family.