Region H will host its inaugural research poster session at the upcoming regional conference to help region members participating in research programs gain experience presenting their work. We are looking for undergrad and graduate posters and we will need online and on-site judges from academia and industry.
It is necessary that students with research experience get as much practice as possible in presenting their research in a clear and concise manner for any audience. This session will allow students to share their research through a research poster. Students must explain the most important details of their research while also including high-level importance of the project overall. Participants will gain valuable experience in presenting their work, and conference attendees will have the opportunity to learn about exciting research by members of Region H.
Students, please sign up online via this link:
Judges, please sign up via this link:
• Abstract Judges please sign up by January 25th.
• Students need to submit their 500 word abstracts by January 30th.
• Judges will review the abstracts to determine which posters qualify to compete at the conference.
• Qualifying posters will receive a notice by February 10th.
• On-Site judges need to sign up by February 20th.
• Students may set up their posters Friday night of conference or Saturday morning.
• On-site judging will occur anytime from 1:30 to 5 on Saturday the 27.
• Winners will be announced at the awards banquet on Saturday evening.
We will award prizes for first place in both of the undergrad and graduate categories. For this first year of competition, a $30 stipend will be available for all participants to offset the cost of printing their poster. Participants must include their mailing address when submitting their abstract.
General conference info:
Please direct any questions regarding this poster competition to Elizabeth Wohlford